Thursday, April 21, 2011

JABWT Understanding the local device /Religion & pets


  • For my videogame it will be of the utmost importance to be aware of the device capabilities at hand. The LocalDevice class provides a handful of methods to get acquainted with the device characteristics and its current state. I developed a simple conceptual map:





  • Device Discovery LocalDevice


It gives me the creeps to check all those variables and possible exceptions, but gosh...it's necessary.



  • I had a recent interview and yet again I was asked about my religion, and I was wondering...are religious people more trustworthy than atheistic people? Well that might not be the case:


Sociologists have long known that religious people are no more honest or trustworthy than the non-religious, and the new poll suggests that atheists and other non-believers are actually better informed about the religious world than the faithful themselves.

http://news.discovery.com/human/atheists-best-informed-about-religion.html

http://blog.practicalethics.ox.ac.uk/2010/05/should-believers-trust-atheists/

Where do atheistic people's principles come from then? In my case I just try  following the golden rule: "One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself" . Bad deeds give you bad reputation, and a bad reputation results in a diminishment of your trustworthiness and your social powers (in my opinion).

  • The other one that caught my attention : do you have pets?


http://www.cdc.gov/healthypets/health_benefits.htm

http://seedmagazine.com/content/article/the_human_animal/

Apparently having pets is a good thing for your health and identifies you as an empathetic person. I've never had one, I might start with a goldfish....but on the other hand, I think of a poor little thing being alone at home most of the day...nope that wouldn't work, I think I'm more empathetic that I dare to accept...moreover, in my opinion reducing a poor animal to the confinements of four walls is sort of animal cruelty...yikes! =-D

No comments:

Post a Comment