Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Managing multiple textures in openGL (again)


  1. I finally got to load and bind as required, multiple textures in openGL  (currently two: wood and grass). I would have saved me going through all this, but textures are a really important component if we aim to build realistic scenarios.

    [caption id="attachment_90" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Projecto Final Graficación v.0.1"][/caption]

    I'm using the same filters for both textures (grass for the floor and wood for the circle).The thing now is to map a rectangular texture to a circular surface, it shouldn't be that hard but the issue with that circle is that is formed of about 360 vertexes, so I'm choosing evenly four of them, and that's the crappy result I'm getting (it doesn't resemble wood at all). Maybe it has something to do with the filters I'm using, but I'll leave that for tomorrow.

  2. Austrian cinema. Little Alien is a documentary-like film I watched today in the Incalli Ixcahuicopa hall. It is about two young Arabs that travel illegally to Austria and as one could expect they  find themselves with a lot of trouble. Although moving, it was terribly boring, the part that hooked me was a debate after the projection, but I couldn't make it, I was really tired and left in the middle.

  3. I'm finally matriculated for the information management seminar next week (allegedly... it could be latter), I just can't help myself when I see the word "free".

  4. We reviewed as promised the Dijkstra algorithm at Algorithms Analysis. How cute is life when you know what the teacher is talking about (I prepared the class for the first time).

No comments:

Post a Comment