Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bisphenol A (BPA)


  1. Well, it has nothing to do with computers, but with chemistry. I just found out that this chemical compound can produce several adverse effects in the mind and in the reproductive system in both men a women, and is found in plastic products (bottles of water) having a triangle with a number 3,6 or 7 inside it. My water jugs Bonafon and Electropura are both of this kind of plastic having the number 3 and 7 respectively, I'm gonna switch to a home filter as soon as I can, besides there isn't any kind of regulation the quality of bottled water, only god knows what they're poison us with. http://www.fda.gov/newsevents/publichealthfocus/ucm064437.htm

  2. I struggled with my BackTrack4R2 distribution for a couple of hours. I decided to install it right in my hard disk using a logical volume. It turns out that you have to preload in the grub script the lvm module so you can refer to such partitions (insmod lvm) and load linux from them.

  3. StarDic is a wonderful dictionary, I love it.

  4. The difference between and adjective and an adverb. It's really straight forward, adjectives qualifies or describes the noun, and the adverb qualifies the verb (duh). Examples of an adverbs: seriously, orderly, etc.



For the rest of the day I played with BackTrack and listened to several recordings (audiobooks). The flu is gone I feel very lucky to be healthy again.

Words of the day:
Zugänglichkeit -> accesibility, approachability, openness, availability
beschränkt -> conditioned, subject to conditions; restricted , limited
grundsätzlich -> basic, fundamental, central, essential, basically

Sentences using these words:
Die Zugänglichkeit der Wasser wird in die Zukunft viel beschränkt.
Er is grundsätzlich böse, aber draussen scheint er zuverlässig.

No comments:

Post a Comment