- I've been struggling with Pthreads, OpenMP and OpenMPI for the last couple of days. I like them all, the easiest being OpenMP, I parallelized a pi number generating program with only one line of additional code, I had some issues at first, must admit but after grasping a couple of concepts I'm on my way to implement almost every program I write from now on with the parallel approach so they run more efficiently.
- Bash shell scripting is a very neat tool. I've learned some concepts but I'm still a newbie in this regard, I hope to change that before coming back to school next year.
- I'm very fond of the Slitaz linux distribution, I've learned so much of linux thanks to it, namely the shell scripting mentioned above. I've also compiled several things and configured many things I hadn't before.
- I imagined that setting up a Beowful cluster would be easier, well it might be if I had the appropriate hardware (not a virtualized one).
- Oracle has its own linux, based on Redhat! It's free and looks just like centos, they claim it's bullet proof secure, I'll give it a try.
These days I'm just hanging around, no rushes , no preoccupations, I just care for my own leisure.
Words of the day:
Ansicht -> view
Abfrage -> interrogation, request, QUERY.